Summer means glowing skin and silky tresses, comforted by the moisture of the beachy air. Yes, the sun certainly has drying effects over time, but a little R&R under those toasty rays in moderation will do wonders for your overall well-being. You’ll find yourself revitalized from the core, and your body will feel it the most. The radiance transfers almost instantenously to your face, replacing your favorite blush and bronzer for a natural sheen, only the best kind.
To preserve the coveted au naturale appearance for summertime, there are a few measures you could take to polish your look without overdoing it and still keeping it young and fresh.
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation $47 provides the ultimate sheer coverage and feels absolutely weightless on. It also happens to come in more shades than you can imagine, so fear not! The extensive collection guarantees you will find a color that blends seamlessly to your skin tone, leaving you with the confidence you deserve.
- NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder $37 enhances the above foundation to magical extremes. Nobody will know that you’re wearing any makeup, with its photochromatic technology that has the ability to adjust to altering lighting. The skin will look as smooth as it was when you left the womb, or so they say.
- Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Mascara $27.50 in brown is your eyelashes’ best friend. Sure, the black works just as well, but the brown will be sure to complete the natural summer look we’re going for while plumping your lashes to their fullest potential. All women can attest that there is nothing better than wearing mascara and not having it actually look like you’re wearing mascara.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette $29-$54 from Sephora offers the ultimate array of natural browns, golds, and overall neutral tones, naturally highlighting any eye color and complimenting your lush lashes. There are matte and shimmery options, depending on your mood. You’ll truly be feeling naked, but in the best, least exposed way.
- MAC Blushbaby Blush Powder $23 serves as a smooth finish to your natural complexion, giving you a simple, rosy lift to boost your already sun-kissed cheeks. The texture is fabulous, and brushes on with ease.
- Rouge Dior Lipstick in Beige Indecise $32 to top off the lip, and you have yourself an effortlessly natural look, ready for the beach, pool, picnic or barbecue–wherever your summer day may take you.